Gastroesophageal reflux (GER) or acid reflux occurs when the contents of the stomach including acids spill out into the esophagus due to the inability of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) to function properly.
Once the stomach acid reaches the esophagus, you will feel a burning pain in the chest commonly known as heartburn. However, these adverse effects can be avoided if you know how to stop acid reflux by using 5 simple drug-free treatment techniques.
Unless GER is cured, the symptoms and frequency of recurrences will only lead to a more severe situation called GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease. Hence, it is advisable to stop acid reflux at its initial stage to immediately arrest the causes and prevent aggravating medical condition.
According to a certain medical research, acid reflux is not caused by the production of too much acid but rather a condition related to hiatal hernia where the acid flows out of the stomach.
Hence, this will result to a minimal presence of acid in the in the digestive organs. The research further discovered that an organism called helicobacter pylori can be the perpetrator of the inflammation along the stomach lining. This is a common factor in the majority of acid reflux symptoms.
The common treatment to eradicate the helicobacter pylori is through the use of antibiotics. However, just like any conventional drug medications, these antibiotics have their own side effects and are considered very dangerous.
Instead of going through all the risks involved, you can try to stop acid reflux using 5 drug-free treatment techniques:
1. Remove alcoholic beverages, coffee, or anything that contains caffeine, from your diet as well as eliminate the intake of nicotine products like cigar or cigarettes. Instead, eat plenty of vegetables, organic, home grown, and fermented foods. The latter will naturally eradicate the helicobacter pylori strain.
2. Take betaine hydrochloric supplement or hydrochloric acid supplement. This can be purchased at health food stores without any prescription. You can take more than one capsule, until it reaches a point when a single capsule will suffice to alleviate even the slightest burning sensation that occurs. This supplement also helps in the digestion of food since it is capable of killing the helicobacter pylori strain.
3. Studies noted that there is a corresponding decrease of acid in the stomach brought by the rising level of acid in the esophagus. In order to correct the deficiency, replenish it by adding unprocessed salt or quality sea salt to your diet. Processed salt or regular table salt is not a recommended substitute.
4. Elevate your level of vitamin D to help increase the antibacterial properties of the body. Be sure to get regular testing so as not to reach toxic levels. In the absence of vitamin D supplements, get adequate exposure to the sun’s healthful rays but be sure not to overdo it because too much UV rays can also be cancerous.
5. Engage in a regular exercise to enhance the immune system.
You could also consult with your doctor regarding new updates or medical breakthroughs that can stop acid reflux. The five techniques are only suggestions and are not intended to replace any medications currently prescribed by your doctor.